- On February 28, we will have the Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper in Fellowship Hall from 5:00-7:00 pm. To assist with this event, please email Congregational Life Elder, Florence Smoot.
- On Wednesday, March 1, Ash Wednesday's Worship is at 7:00 pm in the sanctuary. See weekly worship bulletin for details.
Shrove Tuesday & Ash Wednesday
Read the Bible In a Year
Downloadable Study Guide. The Challenge - to read the Bible in a year -- begins March 1, 2017. Join your colleagues for periodic discussion, contemplation, and questions as we make our way through. Kick-off meeting on February 26, 12:15-1:00 pm, Fellowship Hall. We will also announce several additional times during the year for everyone to get back together and compare notes, questions, etc. Consider challenging yourself, and see what the Good Book really does say! Visit our website for updates and discussion.
Lenten Covenant Circles & Dinner: March 2017
It is time to sign-up for Lenten Circles & Dinner (Wednesdays, March 8, 15, 22, 29).
- Community meals, 6:00-7:00 pm. Register for dinners. $15 for adults, $10 for children (12 and under). Vegan meals are available.
- Lenten Covenant Circles, 7:00-8:15 pm. View the Circle Descriptions. Register for Circles directly with the leader.
- Dinner & Circle registrations are due by March 1.
- Questions? Contact the church office (410.267.8705)
Winter Relief 2017
Winter Relief was a huge success this month thanks to many volunteers and committeed leaders including Bill Hatchl, Bonnie Hatchard, Steve Hays and Joyce Nay with St. Anne's Church. To read the daily winter relief blog, please visit our mission page or download your copy here.
"The Holy Family in Egypt's Heart" - March 26
An Egyptian scholar will present “The Holy Family in Egypt’s Heart” on March 26 at 4:00 pm in Fellowship Hall. Dr. Ezzat Kadous is a Professor of Classical Archaeology and head of the department of Classical Archaeology at the University of Alexandria in Egypt. Dr. Kadous has published 70 articles and 17 books in the field of classical archaeology, including the Byzantine and Coptic Archaeology. Dr Kadous will discuss the Holy Family’s journey through Egypt and the stories and history surrounding this. The visit had its own great importance both for Egypt itself and for the Christian world, as we can consider it a direct reason for the spread of Christianity in Egypt since the 1st century AD. Join us!
STAIR Tutoring with Second Graders
Workshops coming soon. Contact Linda Barbour, Executive Director, today.
Taizé Worship: March 8
Service of prayer, scripture & chant. Co-hosted by First Presbyterian and St. Mary’s Parish. Held monthly, 7:30-8:20 pm on a rotating basis either in the Sanctuary at First Presbyterian or St. John Neumann’s on Bestgate Road. The final service will be held on May 10 at St. John Neumann's Church. (Please note, due to Holy Week, Taize will NOT be offered on April 12.)
Sermons & Bulletins
February 26, 2017
February 19, 2017
February 12, 2017
Join Our Mailing List
Do you have a comment or question about the FPC website? Use this form to tell the webmaster about a typo, ask a question, report a bug, or if you have an issue with a form.