On August 2, Dr. Hathaway will continue in Ephesians (4:1-16) in a sermon entitled “All In.” The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper will be shared at both services and non-perishable food will be collected for the Light House.
Food Link Delivery
- Commitment: 1 hour
- Activity: Deliver excess food from Whole Foods to a downtown Annapois location
- Contact: Paul Murphy or church ...
August Discussion Groups
- "After Worship Discussion" at 10:45 am (Fellowship Hall) on August 2 (topic: the book, One Nation, Under Gods), 9 & 16 (topic: sermon).
- "Monday Bible Study in the Courtyard" on August 3, 10, 17 & 25 from 4:00-5:00 pm (KC1a if raining).
- "Online Summer Study with Rosy" - entitled "The Church of Today" and all are invited to participate. Visit www.rosyinannapolis.wordpress.com for a short article about current trends, innovations in ministry, and other topics. Post your responses. No sign-up necessary. Email Rosy with questions.
Young Adult Gathering
Young Adult members & friends of First Presbyterian Chruch: Save the Date! August 17, 2015. Contact Rosy for details.
August Light House Shelter Food Drive
Collection dates are August 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30. Grocery bags with suggested food lists are available in the Narthex. During August, bags will be collected on Sundays and delivered to the food pantry after church. To assist with delivery please contact Sally or Cathy. Your help is appreciated. Last year we collected 155 bags; we would love to beat that this year. The need for the food has not diminished.
Iona, Scotland '16
Iona* has just announced its 2016 schedule and Bill Hathaway will be applying for a group visit in a week in June (June 11-17, first choice, June 18-24, second choice and June 4-10, third choice). The best estimate for the total cost of the trip (tuition, room & board and transportation) is $2,000 - $2,500 per person. If you missed the earlier announcement and are interested in exploring this possibility please write Bill by August 16.
* Iona is an island, a pilgrimage site and a community of Christians. Unlike a typical American conference center, a visit to Iona implies sharing in the community life of work, prayer and study. Iona is a place, a concept and a movement of Christian hospitality.
Worship is at 8:00 am in the Courtyard and 9:30 am in the Sanctuary. Choir participates through June 28 with special music in August. At 9:30 am only, nursery care is provided (infants to pre-k). Children's Summer Discover is also offered at 9:30 am (pre-k-rising 1st graders). Activity Bags are available for children who remain in worship. Summer office hours are Monday-Thursday.
Sermons & Bulletins
August 2, 2015
July 26, 2015
July 19, 2015
Bulletins are with sermons.